Friday, November 16, 2012

Death to the Kid ...


Today, I learned that a sweet & memorable part of my childhood was murdered by union thugs... As a child, I used to eat the healthy breakfast my mother made for me at home, and then I would race to my best friend's home, where his mother went to work, but to compensate for being an absentee mom, she used to stack the freezer with boxes & boxes of Twinkies. Up to the last time I saw my best friend's mother many years ago, prior to her passing away after her battle with cancer, we laughed for decades about how she couldn't figure out WHY she constantly had to restock those Twinkies -- it was me. Yes, I had an obsessive love affair with our beloved junk food cream filled cake, the Twinkie. 

'Tis a sad sad day that yet another slice of American pie is going by the wayside... A sad day, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. I agree we have lost a great friend due to the corporations. This made me remember all the times me and my cousin would eat them while we would spend a day playing video games. Anything that was made by this company will be surely missed

    ReplyDelete